Saturday, 13 October 2012

First Post


Before I begin posting, I'd like to say hello and welcome to Professor Heap, the TA's, and any fellow students that may or may not read this blog.

*Ahem* Sup everyone.

A little introduction:

I took CSC165H1 last year and I found it to be a really satisfying course. The material was completely new to me, and at first, I found the nature of the course a little abstract and difficult to follow. Thankfully, I had an amazing Lecturer that presented all of the material in a way that I was able to follow. (*Ahem* ...P(failblog)=True.. by contradiction..?) I often like to claim Francois Pitt is one of the primary factors that contributed to my passing of CSC165H1. The way Francois taught that course last year always left an impression on me. I don't know if anyone felt the same way. Thank you, Professor Pitt!

Currently in CSC236H1: Five weeks in - A1, Term-Test1 done! HOO-RAHH~!

Five weeks have gone by in CSC236H1, and so far it's been good! I don't know any of my marks yet, so I don't know how im doing, but I am enjoying the course and the way it's being taught. I feel Professor Heap's tutorial-style lectures are effective, and highly appropriate. The lectures in 165H1 were more dense, and required a little more technicality that we needed to familiarize ourselves with, as we were just learning the formalization of the proof. But now that we have that background, it enables Professor Heap to introduce us to new kinds of proofs and new ideas, in a less formal and rigorous manner, building on the things we learned in 165H1 and allowing us to fill in the gaps. With some time, effort, and dedication, my hope is that I'll be prepared to fill in those gaps when the need arrives. I hope the same for any of my fellow students reading this blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment